STAR Special Needs
STAR Special Needs offers the same protection as the standard STAR, with extra support accessories to accommodate children with a wide range of special health care needs. The restraint easily adjusts to provide support for children 25 to 105 pounds with torso heights up to 20 inches tall (torso height = seating position base to shoulder).
With its five-point restraint system and extra support accessories, the STAR Special Needs is a convenient, cost-effective solution to keeping children with special needs properly positioned and secured for the ride.
- Extra support features include an abductor, recline wedge, torso supports, height adjusters, and adjustable headrests.
- Wraps around any size bus seat with the universal cam wrap system.
- Meets or exceeds all applicable federal and Head Start safety standards.
- Installs on both standard FMVSS 222 and 210 seats.
- Seat pad can be removed and washed without removal of the seat.
ADDRESS THESE HEALTHCARE NEEDS:
- High and low muscle tone.
- Decreased head and trunk control.
- Increased muscle tone in lower extremities.
- Behavioral conditions such as hyperactivity, autism, and emotional concerns.
- Developmentally immature.
PROMOTES PROPER POSITIONING DURING TRANSPORT:
- Protects airways.
- Provides support.
- Promotes posture and functional positions.
- Increases comfort.
Upper Torso Control Device
IMMI, the world’s leading developer of child restraints offers the SafeGuard Upper Torso Control Device, a flexible transportation solution for students with special needs. Four attachment points give comfort and support for children (over 40 lbs.) and adults. It is purely a positioning device that must be used in conjunction with lap-shoulder seat belts for positioning and protection and should not be used alone.
- Easy to store
- Four points of adjustment for proper fit and enhanced comfort
- Designed to meet applicable FMVSS standards
- Designed for passengers over 40 lbs.
Find out more about how it works here!